The 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion will be held at the University of Warsaw (Poland) on June 18-22, 2017, the institutional organiser being the Institute of Philosophy of the University of Warsaw (Instytut Filozofii, Uniwersytet Warszawski) (see the map).
The sessions will be held:
- on days 1-4 (June 18-21) in the Old Library Building (26/28 Krakowskie Przedmieście Str., the central campus: main hall and rooms 111-116)
- on day 5 (June 22) in the University Library in Warsaw (56/66 Dobra Str.: conference hall 316).
The plenary sessions are open to the public and free of charge. It is possible to book a seat here.
In order to take part in the whole congress (with parallel sessions and lunches) it is necessary to register as a participant and pay a congress fee*.
* Employees of the Faculty of Sociology and Philosophy of the University of Warsaw are paid by the Faculty.
The 1st World Congress on Logic and Religion was organized jointly by the Federal University of Campina Grande, the Federal University of Paraiba and the University of Brazil in João Pessoa, and held on April 1-5, 2015. It was devoted to a wide range of problems concerning the relations between logic and religion. At the conclusion of the congress, many participants expressed the wish to continue discussions on these topics in the future and also warmly welcomed the idea to organize such an event in Poland, which can be called a country of logic and religion thanks to both the tradition of Lvov-Warsaw School of logic and a considerable level of religiosity.
There are a number of important topics that are proposed be discussed at the 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion in Warsaw, which include such fields as:
- Impact of religious beliefs on logical structures;
- Logic at the service of apologetics;
- Rationalization of religious beliefs;
- Justification in religious legal traditions (including Talmudic Logic);
- Logics vis-a-vis illogicalities in religion;
- Non-classical logics and religion;
- Models of argumentation in religious discourse, etc.
It is our pleasure to invite you to join us in Warsaw.
We plan to publish the papers presented during the Congress.
The deadline for submission of an abstract is January 15, 2017 (Due to various requests, the deadline for submission of paper abstracts has been extended to January 31, 2017).
In order to send your submission please go to the registration form.