The 2nd World Congress on Logic and Religion will be held in Warsaw, the capital city of Poland, at the central campus of the University of Warsaw in the Old Library Building.
Warsaw is a very vivid and safe city, with a rich history and a great heritage, offering a wide range of cultural events and charming places to spend time.
It is very well communicated thanks to the underground, train stations and many tram and bus lines, so you can easily get everywhere you want. The city communication tickets are relatively cheap; for 15 PLN, so approx. 4 euros, you can get a full day ticket for all the means of transport: see the pricelist
Anyway, if you come to the city center (e.g. by train) and stay there, everything you need is within walking distance, so there is no need to use public transport.
Coming to Warsaw
Poland is a member state of the European Union and belongs to the Schengen Area; before planning the journey, please check the visa policy of the Schengen Area
Warsaw has two airports:
- Chopin Airport „Okęcie” in Warsaw (for most connections), very close to the city center (access by train, city buses, taxi), and
- the airport in Modlin (for some economic airlines, primarily Ryanair), near 35 km from the city center (access by shuttle buses and taxi).
It is quite easy to get to Warsaw and then to the city center: see how to get to Warsaw (by plane, by train, by bus, by car)
Useful tourist information about Warsaw can be found at the official city tourist office website: http://warsawtour.pl/en
Hotels in Warsaw
There is a wide offer of hotels and high standard apartments as well as hostels in Warsaw in relatively good price range, as compared with other European capital cities.
Here are some examples of different types of hotels we can recommend:
- BRISTOL hotel – very close to the congress venue, very high standard and rather expensive;
- SOFITEL VICTORIA hotel – close to the congress venue, high standard and rather expensive;
- RESIDENCE ST. ANDREW’S PALACE – high standard apartments close to the congress venue (10 minutes walk) and to the train station (15 minutes walk), you can negotiate good prices and choose from many options (apartments for 1-6 persons with bathrooms and kitchens);
- HERA hotel – belonging to the University of Warsaw (please mention to them that you are a university guest), low price: approx. 140 PLN per night for 1 person room, not very close to the congress venue, you need to take a bus;
- LOGOS hotel – nice prices, not far from the congress venue;
- CHMIELNA 5 hostel – good standard hostel close to the congress venue (10 minutes walk) with nice prices: 50-150 PLN per night.
You may also look for accommodation in Warsaw for instance via: